- General Counseling
- Referrals to and from other agencies
- Emergency Monetary Aid (paid directly to provider)
- Utility bills to prevent disconnection or to restore service
- Life-sustaining medication
- Screening clients for ministers
- Back-to-school clothing and shoes
- Major appliances & furniture (if available)
- Christmas gifts (children’s toys, food, meat vouchers)
Areas of Involvement
- Educational programs for clients
- CROP Walk/MVAC
- Church Women United (CWU)
- Adopt-A-School Program with Youngstown City Schools Preschool special-needs children
- Christmas Savings Program for clients
- Assisting Care Net Pregnancy Center with baby food/clothing/diapers for infants
Requirements for Clients
- Justifiable need
- Proof of income sources (all members of household)
- Bill receipts / proof of liability
Referrals from Churches & Agencies:
We request that you notify PFS that you have a client and the nature of request for assistance.
is available for the following:
- No assistance for Monthly rent/house payments
- No assistance for Car payments
- No assistance for Hospital bills
- No assistance for Tuition for school
- No assistance for Loans
- No assistance for Phone service
PROTESTANT FAMILY IS ASSISTING FAMILIES AND INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE FACED DISCONNECTED UTILITY SERVICES, MORTGAGE AND RENT SHORTFALLS, AND LIFE SUSTAINING MEDICATION DURING THE COVID CRISIS.
CALLS WILL BE TAKEN MONDAY – THURSDAY FROM 8:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
APPOINTMENTS ARE NECESSARY.
Please note that rent and mortgage assistance will only be available temporarily until the crisis funds are exhausted.
Protestant Family Service has received Covid-19 Crisis Relief Funds to assist clients who have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Funds are available for utilities, mortgages, rent and life sustaining medications. Agency guidelines will be adhered to. Due to our limited office space and the required social distancing, clients will be serviced by phone, fax and e-mail. Phone number to call is 330-746-4600 to speak with the caseworker to get registered. Office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. The Raymond John Wean Foundation, and The Youngstown Foundation has granted $15,000 each, and the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley which is operated exclusively for the charitable, educational and scientific purposes which effectively assist and promote the well-being of residents of Mahoning and Trumbull Counties has granted $10,000. Information about the Community Foundation can be found at www.cfmv.org.
Latest on Facebook
Ad blockers and security settings can hide the Facebook content.
You can click here to visit our Facebook page.